At Bourke Street Public School, we provide special religious education focused on scripture, ethics and values.
We are fortunate to have the following classes available:
- Anglican, provided by St Michael's Anglican Church Surry Hills
- Baha'i, provided by Jacqui Sedaghat
- Buddhism, provided by Mahasiddha Kadampa Meditation Centre
- Catholicism, provided by St Peters Catholic Parish Church Surry Hills
- Ethics, provided by trained Ethics Teachers coordinated by Emma Doran
- Hillsong, provided by Hillsong Church Waterloo Campus
- Judaism, provided by the NSW Board of Jewish Education
- Islam, provided by Islamic Society of NSW Surry Hills Mosque
All classes occur every Wednesday from 9:30am -10am.
If children are not attending SRE or Ethics classes they are being taught the school's value of the week by classroom teachers.
To learn more about Special Religious and Ethics education, download and view: